Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Beating Bass of Brokenness

*During worship I saw upside-down musical notes going by on a bass staff. There were only bass notes, no melody, and I could hear the sound of the bass loudly pounding throughout the song with only pieces of the melody coming through in the distance very infrequently.
The Lord says, “I AM speaking to those who are brokenhearted…those who can only hear the bass notes and feel the pounding thump of the drumming bass overpowering them…those who can no longer sing or even hear the melody of the song of life. I AM near to the brokenhearted. I AM not calling you to try to climb the heights or sing the melody or even to try to keep up with the pace of the pounding bass notes.
I AM calling you to prostrate yourself at My feet and to feel the vibrations of the beating bass because My heartbeat is aligning with it to draw near to your brokenness. I AM near to those who have a broken heart, and I save those with a contrite spirit.
Feel the beat of My heart and let Me restore your song.

Psalm 34:18

No comments:

Post a Comment