Thursday, November 18, 2010

Maintaining A Thankful Heart

Beloved Ones, those who really KNOW Me know that I AM good; that My mercy is everlasting, and My truth endures forever. Isn’t this reason enough to be thankful and to bless My name? Thanksgiving and praise usher you into My presence, which is where you will find the fullness of joy. There are times when it will be a sacrifice for you to offer to Me thanksgiving. These are the times when you can call upon My name and know that I AM with you to help you.
The heavens declare My glory. The expanse of My creation boasts of the work of My hands. Every day speaks of My goodness and every night reveals My knowledge. There is no place where their voice is not heard telling of who I AM. Shouldn’t the man that I created give praise and thanks that is equal to the least of My creation?
Those who refuse to be thankful, nor praise Me as God become futile in their thinking. They become vain and frivolous, lacking serious value and substance, having no sense of responsibility, and having no practical effect or useful result from their existence. Their hearts become darkened and foolishness becomes their legacy of dishonor.
Thankfulness and gratitude are interchangeable with grace. A heart full of thanks and gratitude is a heart which presents favorable regard of Me and brings Me pleasure and delight. It reflects gracious forbearance and knowledge that I AM close at hand. Focus on whatever things are true, whatever things have excellent moral character, whatever things are fair and right, whatever things are pure and clear, whatever things are lovely, and whatever things are of a good report and good quality. Meditate on anything that is praiseworthy. It is My will that you rejoice always, pray constantly, and have a thankful heart in everything. If you do these things you will have the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding and it will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


Psalm 100:4-5; Psalm 19:1-4; Romans 1:21; Philippians 4:4-8; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment