Monday, February 4, 2013

The Gift of Delayed Gratification


God intends good where the enemy has intended evil.  Where the enemy has brought disappointment through delayed gratification, God intends to bring the strength of discipline through that same delayed gratification.
I AM raising up My people into a great and powerful army for My name’s sake and the sake of My Kingdom.  I AM breathing the life of My Holy Spirit on those who are dry, who have lost hope, and who have felt disconnected.  You have been through Boot Camp where each man has had to yield to the rigorous training and preparation of himself through various trials.  These have helped to ready you for the battles that are ahead, battles that will be fought with your brothers by your side.  This “Band Of Brothers” is My glorious army that is taking back ground that has been lost to enemy forces.  Ground that has become hard, barren, or thorny under the hand of the enemy will once again become fertile and fruitful.  
This great army is My instrument of redemption in the earth, extending the eternal effects of the cross of Christ into the temporal realm through the same disciplines of love and sacrifice that Jesus displayed.  These merciful acts of love and sacrifice are the seeds that bear the lasting fruit of righteousness, peace, and joy in My Kingdom rule.  As you do this, trusting Me with the rest, the soil of faith is prepared, making a place for love and sacrifice to bring forth an abundant harvest; taking back the hard, barren, thorny ground of the enemy’s sowing and making it fruitful for My Kingdom.   Allow the strength of My discipline to uproot any weeds of bitterness and disappointment.
This is your “Call of Duty” to arise to the strength and discipline of a higher service.  Activate your faith for the rank and file of a Kingdom soldier.  Cultivate the patience of the diligent farmer.  Fix your gaze, as a well disciplined athlete, on a greater reward than your temporary comfort.  Set yourselves to seek first the Kingdom of God and My righteousness and I will take care of those things that have concerned you.  

Ezekiel 37:10; Luke 8:11-15; Romans 14:17; 2 Timothy 2:4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment