Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mercy

I AM a God of mercy. Mercy belongs to Me. I love mercy. I look for places in which to pour out My mercy. I give mercy cheerfully, joyfully, and generously.
Mercy, by its very definition, requires a place of misery and distress in order for it to light. My mercy lasts forever, tolerates the disagreeable things, and never gives up. It is redemptive and restorative, bringing My Kingdom into the Earth. Do not despise your broken places for it is only brokenness that has a need for mercy and can receive of it. Where mercy and truth come together, righteousness and peace are brought forth.
It is because of My great love for you that I AM rich in mercy. Those who are Mine are called to be merciful also. Keep yourselves in the love of God and look for the mercy of Jesus Christ continually…for yourselves…and for others.

Psalm 62:11-12, 85:10-12, 136:1; Ephesians 2:4-7; James 2:12; Jude 21

No comments:

Post a Comment